Monday, July 4, 2011

Strrrrrawberry Time! Yum!


My picking crew.


So due to all the rain. And I mean lots of rain and cold yucky spring weather this year the strawberries were a bit late this year. Finally on Friday we had a the first picking out at Green Bluff. Me and a few friends hauled all the kids up there and picked and picked and ate and picked strawberries. I came home with 20 lbs. Oh! the treats I am going to make with those luscious berries! Jam, strawberry shortcake, fruit leather, strawberries and ice cream, strawberry rubarb pie, strawberry lemonade. and just strawberries. If you can't tell we are definitely strawberry fans at our house.

Trey and Acadia were huge helps this year. They each filled a box themselves with only the perfectly red strawberries.

I couldn't believe how fast they picked. It was such a great help. It made the picking go so much faster. On the other hand Kambree well just take a look below.

She mostly had a great time eating them and eating them and eating them. She started out picking off the plant and eating. But by about 10 minutes in she just started delving into my box and eating until her hearts content. But boy oh boy those were yummy strawberries. Who could blame her! Benson only lasted about 20 minutes then he was done. He wasn't that impressed with strawberry picking. Maybe next year.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

sooo jealous of those yummy berries. We are a strawberry lovin' house as well and I'm wishin I had that many to make all the yummy stuff you listed.. I just may have to go buy some from the store.

what a fun thing for you and your kids to do.

seegfam said...

yummy! that looks like so much fun! :)

Tippetts said...

Awesome! We are going to try to get up there this weekend. That place is the best!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm! So fun!!!