
So as many of you know we bought our house a 1 1/2 years ago and have since that time been remodeling. It is a slow ......S-L-O-W process but we have made some head way. Our to do list included replacing the awful pink carpet through out the house, painting, replacing bathroom flooring, tiling the front entryway, replace the fireplace, and remodel the down stairs bathroom. Yikes! So it started last January and has been steadily plodding along. We now have wonderful new flooring in the kitchen and living room. The walls are painted.... after a few scary paint jobs (apparently Brad and I don't have great design sense). The trim is back in place, half of my stairs have been turned in to beautiful hardwood, the title entry way is wonderful, and we have a functional vanity with drawers in the down stairs bathroom. I am so excited!!! so here are a few pictures (okay alot actually) of before, during, and after.
Painting
Lovely white walls.... with a slight pink tint from the refection of the carpet.....
This was the awful color selection that we made... I swear it did not look like that on the samples.
The nice neutral tan walls. This was after a couple more disasters of trying to make the previous wall work. Although the walls look awful still with the pink carpet.
While we were painting the walls we found out that none of the ceiling had EVER been painted. So that added a few extra nights to paint those.
The kitchen got a nice shade of green. Although it looks pretty bright in the picture it really is darker more muted green.
Tan walls without the pink carpet. And I love the shelf with the stacked pictures... click to see it closer. I probably like it so much because it took me 3 months to get it filled !Carpet/ Flooring

Pink carpet.... everywhere. even under the dining room table.

Don't mind Brad... we find him like this a lot.
Kitchen floor (sorry it was the only one I could find) Ignore the onions, but enjoy the little cutie who now isn't so little.Then the tear out begins

Tearing out the 15 year old carpet WAS NASTY!!! Fine silt dirt was everywhere underneath it.
Bye bye kitchen floor
After we pulled out the pink monstrosity we found out that the back sliding door was leaking and had been for some time. So Brad had to replace some of the floor boards. We had the door out for one whole night we were so glad it didn't rain!
Our fridge was in the living room for a few days.But it was all worth it. Don't ya think?
Hallway
Dinning area & kitchen
And new carpet in the living room.
Ahh so much better!The Stairs
Before. (along with a cute little munchkin) once again the pink carpet.
The tear down
View of the entry way and yes the door was even painted pink
Then the hard work began. Staining, sanding, and varnishing all the stair treads. This was my garage for about 4 months.
Brad snapped this when we were doing the tile in the entryway. It was a late night.
Sealed and finished
Nice black door.
The final product of the top stairs. I loooove them. It makes me so happy!The bottom set is still in progress. I'm hoping this spring.
So all and all it has been a productive year or so for our house anyway. Now on to the shower, carpet in the bedrooms.... does it ever end???
14 comments:
That looks awesome! You guys have done a beautiful job.
It's looking really beautiful!! Awesome work! How are you? We have missed you so much. Iam so glad you update your blog; I love reading it! Sorry I had to delete thae last comment it had so many mistakes. Typical of me!
It looks amazing! I absolutely love the stairs. The difference is amazing! You guys did great work!
I have never seen your house before... I love the pictures. I'm a big fan of before and after so thank you for that. YOu guys have put in so much work but it looks so dang good. I love it. It makes me want a house to start up some projects on. and good timinig to get it all - somewhat- done before the baby comes. Love the green paint color too. very cute. It is such hard work and takes forever but feels so rewardign when its done. :) nice job you two
Wow look at all that hard work. It looks great hopw I will be able to see it in person soon.
It looks A-MAZE-ING!! Even if the color combination of the yellow, orange & gray didn't look too good together, that is some straight lines with great painting skills!
It looks great! You are such a wonderful women to live w/ the beautiful pink carpet for as long as you did. All the many months and long hours have sure paid off. Can't wait to see more.
I love it! It would make me happy to walk in there everyday. :) That is a TON of work. And no, I don't think it ever ends!
You guys are AWESOME! It looks so great - very impressed!
Fantastic! That is an impressive amount of work with a great looking outcome. Hope you guys are doing well, we miss you!
Wow...gorgeous!!!! You two are SO amazing! Great work!
Oh my gosh! I LoVE your remodeling! It looks fantastic!! I cant wait to see it in real life! I can imagine how tiring everything was!! But it is so worth it! love the stairs!
It looks fantasitc!!! and like a TON of work!! Way to go!! Can't wait to hear about Wynn baby 4!!
Post a Comment