We made the trek to Spokane and survived, but we haven't yet gotten internet, we are currently borrowing one of our neighbors, ufortunately it is super super slow. That means no pictures. But they are coming: I need to post Kambree's birth annoucement, pics of the new house, and various other things. Hopefully soon.
We got here and were amazed at the beautiful weather that Spokane had. It was a week of beautifulness (if that is a word). Then reality set in. Brad started orientation, my inlaws left, I was here with three kids, and to top it all off since the day everyone left it has been raining everyday. We found out that Brad is on call 4th of July, Christmas Day, Memorial Day, and just about every other holiday. Welcome to Spokane.
Okay so it really hasn't been that bad, there has been many bright moments. We had beautiful yard/ flowers that smell great. Our front window over looks a vaccant lot that is home to lots of deer and quail. We have a very friendly ward, and there are quite a few LDS residents that have kids that are similar ages to my kids. We had a get to know you resident party, last night which was very fun. I think I might be able to make it here. Although with days like today when the rain is pouring down I do miss sunny Las Vegas. But Spokane offers a lot to do like a huge Radio Flyer Wagon, I don't know who else has one of those in their neigborhood park. Well keep in touch you guys!
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
5 months ago
13 comments:
We got your birth announcement, so cute! If it makes you feel any better, I believe Steve is on call all of those days too (except Christmas). Maybe we can call each other and chat on those long days! I am happy you are in a house, I am sure your kids will be loving the yard in no time!
I received Kambree's birth announcement today too. She is beautiful! I know you hope you find your cute thank you cards soon, but I loved the "plain old paper"!
I am jealous of the rain. I miss it so much.
We miss you guys! Hannah was a little confused why we went visiting teaching without you. LOL Jamie Turner is my new partner, but shes out of town for a while, so I used Hannah as my partner. Hannah made me make the appointment AND teach! Little Stinker :)
Did you miss your pit stop here in Caldwell?? We always welcome visitors! I hope you like Spokane. Have you kept in touch with Wynne? She's in Spokane, too. I hope you like it there! They did get a ton of snow last winter. . .
My parents are in Walla Walla, just 3 hours south. Congrats on your baby!
I was so excited to see this post! Rain can be depressing sometimes huh, we have had a lot of it here to but what do you do? well I' trying to figure out a cost effective way to come see you so if you have any bright ideas send them our way because I really want to see your house pink carpet and all!
Oooo, the Red Wagon! I haven't lived there in so long, and we didn't go downtown a lot anyway. You're going to have to show Lucas and I around!!! :)
I'm so glad you had a residents' party and that there are kids to play with. Hooray for friends!
I could use a rainy day or two :) ...but not a whole week's worth!
I didn't receive my birth announcement, but we didn't check the mail today. We were too busy signing closing papers. Whoo-hoo! :)
Did you want to start emails in your comment fields??? :) I guess I have a lot to tell you!
The weather in Spokane sounds wonderful! I love and miss rain.
I am so glad to hear that things are going well, and that you have met some nice people. Also, glad to hear that you got the house and are moved in. :)
We miss you!
Hi to the Wynn family, I am glad you made okay and sorry about the rain! It has been raining here for at least two weeks!! At least we don't have to water anything. I am really glad you are back to blogging! I have missed it! Love you, Grandma Lois
i'm glad you guys made it safely! sounds like a fun area to be in! i'm jealous that you have a nice yard! :)
Yeah, we love Riverfront Park...be sure to discover the garbage goat. It's our favorite!
Do you still have the email with my phone number in it? I was hoping that you'd give us a call or something and we could help you move in. But I've missed it all, it sounds like.
...unless I can still babysit for you guys? You MUST need a nap. And if you don't have a good playgroup yet...call me, please?
Glad you made it to Spokane (wish I were there too)! We'll see you sometime soon I hope.
Post a Comment