Now since we have a yard with grass and plants the kids have been big into growing things. The only problem is that I don't have any seeds for them to plant so they have been planting rocks, and other objects that they have been finding. The other day they came rushing in:
Acadia & Trey: MOM, MOM! You will never believe what we just planted.
Me: What?
Acadia & Trey: We planted a sucker tree! And when it grows then we can get suckers!
Me: Sucker Tree huh? ( I was a little concerned at what they "planted" to get their sucker tree) What did you plant to get a sucker tree?
Acadia & Trey: Oh just little green balls, but we can't wait until we get suckers.
Acadia: I hope they are mystery suckers.
Trey: (looking at Acadia) Acadia! They might even have wrappers on them! Yes!
I hope their sucker tree comes up too.. it sounds pretty tasty!
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
3 months ago
10 comments:
A sucker tree hu? Well we will all have to try that out. Maybe I will even plant one here in hot dry Henderson. That way they won't be sticky when I pull them off the tree. Right?
Can I plant a dollar in your backyard?
I can just picture Acadia's sweet voice saying that. What cute kids!
Do you know what is so funny.. Acadia saw the money tree store sign as we were driving. She asked me if we could plant a dollar tree so we could have everything we wanted. I only wish honey!
Plant us a dollar tree too will you? Spokane must be a fruitful place. It's good to hear the kids are enjoying your beautiful yard. Have a good day.
Wow, so when this sucker tree and the dollar tree comes in I need to get a shoot from them. We could always use more suckers in this world
That's funny!
That is awesome! I defineately need a few of those trees! I love your kids!
That reminds me of the time I asked my friends from school what a "Sucker tree" is. They lead me to a giant tree in a vacant lot and told me the suckers grew at the very top. As I climbed, mouth watering, I grew concerned because I couldn't see the suckers anywhere. When i got down to ask my friends if maybe the birds ate all the suckers this year, my backpack was gone along with my bike and my lunch.
They left me a note though, and they carried all my stuff home for me. They were such good friends! I think they wrote that note so I would always remember which tree was the special "Sucker tree."
The note said, "SUCKER!!!" They were such good friends... except they forgot to give me back my bike.
Your kids have great imaginations!! I would like one of those dollar tree starts also! Glad to see another blog. I have missed that. Love, Grandma Lois
Post a Comment