Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas is Here

I am super excited to show you my new Christmas decoration. It took me more time than I thought it would but I love it and the kids do to. This is my Advent Calendar. I got the idea from here. I loved it and had to try it out.



Each day the kids get to open a box, to find their goodies. Sometimes it is candy, sometimes a craft, or a Christmas adventure. It has been really fun.


I made my own pictures and then had the kids draw some. Those are the most precious and fun ones.


Fun times! I also did Christmas lights outside this year. I did them. If you can imagine me on top of a ladder, on our stairway making a wreath with lights in our window that is 10 feet higher than our front step. Not to mention that it was FREEZING, the kids were crying, and strands of lights (which we tested) were not working. (go ahead laugh now). It was quite the adventure. Brad came home and took care of the kids while I went to the store for more lights. I had one strand right in the middle of our tree that would not light up and I was not about to take down them down for the third time. So I just bought another strand and wrapped over top of the non- working one. By that time I really was wondering what in the Sam Hill was I thinking!

But the end result is very nice. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Stinebaugh Family said...

And that is why we don't have christmast lights!! Thanks for all your efforts though. Zoe loved driving up to your house and seeing the christmas lights. She said, "see mom they have lights. Why does everyone else decorate for christmas and we don't?" I can't handle the cold will be my answer this year.

rebeccaV said...

That is such a cute idea! I have been wanting to get an advent calendar, that is a great idea to make your own and have the kids help. We will have to do that next year. I'm with Amy, that is why we don't have Christmas lights! We actually put them up one year when we were first married, they didn't get taken down until the summer!

The Parents said...

Good job!!! Now lets see those outside lights. We, as in Jeff, didn't even put any up this year. Bah humbug!
Mary

Tippetts said...

What a great idea for an advent calendar! You are so good - I never think that far ahead. Good job on the lights!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I love that idea! I don't think that far ahead either...remind me in November next year!! :) I love doing Christmas crafts!

Way to go on your lights!!!