Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ice Skating

Waiting for the Zamboni to smooth the ice


So I know I have to still blog about Christmas and it is coming. But I am more excited about telling you about our Ice Skating outing. Acadia for her birthday (that is to come too) wanted to go Ice Staking so badly. Well this weekend we finally made it. We dropped Kam off at a babysitters ( thanks Vanderlouw's) and took Acadia and Trey to the skate rink.

Ready to hit the ice

It was the first time that either Acadia or Trey had been on the ice and it was quite the adventure. We only had a few falls, blisters, and crying. All and all we had a good time. They did great for thier first time out.. and with a little more practice I think they could even out skate some of the crazy teenagers that were there!

Taking a lap with Mom


It was free rental day, which was good and bad. It meant it was cheaper but man it was busy! Since we were a little on the slower side we were being passed by tons of people and it made the kids a bit nervous. But once they got the hang of it we slowly sped up.



Brad was so patient with them. We would switch off kids and he would try to talk them through sliding their feet instead of picking them up.



After 3 hours Treyson was done but Acadia could have kept going forever. So we talked Trey into letting Acadia go for a few more turns then Brad let me go out by myself.


It was so much fun! If it was up to me we would be back there every day. I think my true calling in life was ice skating. hee hee. It is fun to dream right?!? But we all had a good time. Now for your viewing pleasure you can see how it really was:



5 comments:

Rachel said...

I haven't ice skated since I was in first grade. How fun to do that as a family. Happy bday little acadia sorry we didn't get you called on the day-- we were sure thinking of you.

Tippetts said...

Looks like a blast! Happy Birthday Acadia!

Amy said...

Happy birthday, Acadia! Oh, how we miss the outdoor skating rink in Spokane. We went several times and Sammi loved it! Mom and dad's backs were worn out after, but it is fun being outside and skating.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Wow, fun!!! I love that fact about you--that ice skating is your true calling! I had no idea! You must have arms of steel after holding hands and pulling along 2 kids!!!!

staci baker said...

Fun! You need to tell me where you went. I've been wanting to go.