Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Is that an echo?

Well I knew this day would come. I remember thinking it was hilariously funny to do it to my brothers, especially when they would get frustrated and yell for mom. Well apparently it is payback time. We have a bad case of the Copy Cats around here.

This is how the day went today:

LUNCH:

Acadia: I want to eat mine with ketchup

Trey: I want to eat mine with ketchup

Acadia: Pass the carrots

Trey: Pass the carrots

Acadia (with a glare) Stop it Trey

Trey: Stop it Trey

Acadia: I don't want you to copy me!

Trey: I don't want you to copy me!

Then the dreaded part

Acadia: (in the most whiniest voice) MOM Trey is copying me

Trey: MOM Trey is copying me (with a huge grin on his face.)


After DINNER:

Trey: I want to go outside

Acadia: I want to go outside

Trey: I want to go alone

Acadia: I want to go alone

Trey: Stop it Acadia!

Acadia: Stop it Acadia!

Trey: MOM! Acadia's copying me

Acadia: MOM! Acadia's copying me

Acadia is laughing hysterically. Trey gets mad and pushes ... They both end up in time out.

NOW

Trey: Mommy Mommy Mommy Why can't I be by Acadia.

Acadia: I promise I wont copy Trey

Trey: MOOOOMMMY! I want to be with Acadia.


Well I guess I better go get them out of time out, like a good mom. Right?

2 comments:

The Parents said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! We, as parents, just love to hear about these great moments! Thank you, thank you for blogging. Keep up the good work.
Aunt Mary

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Ha ha ha!!!! I love it! I won't be loving it when Kate can play though, I'm sure! For now, Lucas copies me, and then I do it back to him until he uses the whiny voice. And I laugh. :D I'm sure I'll get my payback too!