
Jefferson Memorial
So we are super lucky to have friends all over the US, and even luckier that we can go and visit them. Especially when they let us crash at their house (Thank you Bennett and Becka). So we spent a week traveling around the East part of our country. So to not over whelm you I will split the post in two.

Jefferson Memorial
We turned up on the Oberg's doorstep around 8:00 on Tuesday after flying all day. Acadia and Treyson could hardly wait to see Ashden. It was so nice to be able to talk to Bennett and Becka after 2 years we had a lot to catch up on. We put the kids down to bed then Bennett took Brad and I on a midnight trip to the Mall. It was great, the monuments were all lit up and there were no people around. We took some shots and enjoyed the views.

The Lincoln Memorial is my favorite out of all of them. When you stop and think about what these men based thier beliefs on and the belief of our countries laws on it makes you wonder when did God leave the government.

Washington Monument
And you can see that we were lucky enough to be there when the Cherry Blossoms were in full bloom. I was super excited, and thus I took a ton of pictures. I will save you the boredom of my massive blossom picture excitement and only show you one more.

I so wish I could have bottled up the smell too.. Yum. Acadia loved the blossoms. She just danced under the trees and put the flowers in her hair.

Brad and the kids by( 0kay so not really that close, but the kids were NOT going to walk clear down there) the capital. No one is really looking at me because the sun was right in there faces. It was eighty degrees while we were their. We loved the weather, except we weren't prepared for it as you can tell long sleeves and long pants.

Natural History Museum

Dinosaur Hall. Ashden, Acadia, and Trey (oh yeah and Brad kind of)
All of the museums were packed. Apparently it was every ones spring break.

Air and Space Museum. This is Amelia Earhart's Plane. Acadia HAD to see it.

The World War II Monument.

Some sweaty runner dude offered to take this picture for us. Brad figured that he could probably take him down if he decide to make a break for it with our camera. We were trying to figure out who runs down there... there were tons of people running, but where do they live??

The kiddos playing at the Washington Monument.

Kambree and Daddy. We let her out of the stroller to walk around the Washington Monument. She was elated.
Becca, Ashden and Macey came with us for half of the day then we met back at their placed for the night. The next morning was the 6 hour car ride to Palmyra New York. We did stop at Gettysburg on the way.

Treyson really liked all the cannons. Mostly because he figured out that he could climb all over them.

Every flight of stairs we came across we made our kids run up them... and there were quite a few. It was interesting to see where a big part of the civil war happened.

Acadia found a statue of Lincoln and told us all about the Gettysburg Address. It was fun to see how she tied what she learned in school to what she was seeing. We also got to see our other friends the Wheelers from Med School. It was good to see them again too.
Tomorrow Palmyra, Niagara, and Erie Pa!
9 comments:
I just remembered a couple of days ago that you'd gone on your trip, and so I had to check in to see the pictures! Looks like so much fun! We lived near there for a 3-month rotation and got to do that tour. I can't believe you went all the way to Niagara, too! Wow!
Also, sorry about pretty much being rude at the Just Between Friends sale and not even talking to you. My mind was so set on getting things done and getting out because I could tell the boys had about had it! I realized later that I pretty much blew you off! Sorry! And the boys would love to play with your kids. Actually, do you guys want to come over Sunday for dessert for Drostan's birthday? I'll let you know more later.
Looks like you guys had so much fun! I would like to see your millions of blossom pictures! :) Can't wait to see the rest of the trip.
very fun to see pictures of all your fun stuff your doing. Man I would really love to go on a trip... and to have it be 80 degrees. how fun for your fam.
Wow, wow, wow!!!! What an amazing family trip!! I'm so happy for you guys!
Looks awesome! I love that you went sight seeing at midnight! Smart. Those cherry blossoms are beautiful!
It happens again! You showed up in Escalante, we missed you, then you were less than an hour from us across the country!!! We live about an hour from Erie! That is nuts! Glad you had a great time:)
How fun!
I am so jealous!! I have always wanted to go there. What a fun time!
So fun to see you guys. We had a snow day the next day. Looks like an amazing trip.
Post a Comment