Thursday, June 17, 2010

Salsa Party


So I don't know how many of you have heard of House Party, but I was chosen to host a Ball Canning party on June 5th. Ball sent me a canner, coupons for bottles, pectin, canning kit, mini self canner kit, and other fun prizes. All of it was free, I only had to buy the produce to can. This was all so some friends and I could get together and can Salsa and Strawberry Jam. It was so much fun and informative.



Chopping

Lots of chopping


Prepping the tomatoes


Salsa!!


Filling the jars... notice the sweet funnel they sent me.... AWESOME!


The finished product. 12 jars of Salsa 12 jars of Strawberry Jam. I had also made prior to the party 12 jars of each so we had lots to take home and enjoy.

So if any of you want to do Salsa when our gardens grow come on over. Wait, did I say garden? That is my next post. I am super excited!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW!! I'm am super jealous!! Those look amazing. Way to go!

Tringali Family said...

How awesome! How did you sign up for that one?

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

That is sooooooooooooooo totally awesome!!!! I just looked up House Party, but none of the upcoming events look as exciting as yours! Great job! Can't wait to see your garden!! :)

Andy and Micah said...

So wish i was there I think you need to come visit me so we can do some salsa yum!

Andy and Micah said...

So wish i was there I think you need to come visit me so we can do some salsa yum!

The Parents said...

The big question is how did you get that all for free? I want in. This would be a great R.S. group to do each month. Right on!
Aunt Mary

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I just posted this on Alison's blog in response to your comment--Bonnie Wainsguard was Megan's co-teacher for Sunday School! I didn't really know her, but small world!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Just thinking about you a lot tonight, I guess! :) The spiderweb maze.... I think it was a hexagon with a post at each corner. The museum had 3 different colors of ropes that connected to each post in a web-like fashion. Each colored rope had a different starting and ending post. To do the maze, Lucas was given a colored rope to slipnot around his waist with a metal clip at the end. He clipped himself onto the same colored rope at the start of the maze. Then he could just slide the clip along the colored rope, climbing over and under the ropes making up the web, until he reached the end! At each post, he had to unclip and reclip himself to his rope. Hmmmmmmm, does that make sense?? :)