Wednesday, December 12, 2007

New York ,New York

Hooray for New York City

Well okay so I was a bit late on updating but... well I really don't have that great of an excuse except....

They are clean thank goodness... but now the worst part folding... yuck!

So anyway New York City was wonderful. Brad went there for an interview and I begged and pleaded and searched and searched for cheap airline tickets and we found some and I got to go. It was great. Micah once again helped me out and took our kids. So we spent a night in an airport but we both got to NYC. It was so fun to be with him in the big city. It was one of the places on my list that I wanted to go with Brad.


We went to STOMP.... Very very good. Brad was even impressed and impressed the cast also. He was singled out and accomplished the task--- He could snap his finger by flicking them -- It was pretty cool. So after enjoying the show we walked around the town. It was great-- we took our first cab ride-- which was expensive-- 7.00 to go about 5 blocks. And then we rode the subway. It was quite the experience. We then ate and headed to our hotel.

Brad had his interview the next day and it went well. He actually got to hang out with the doctor in charge of the opthomology program for 3 hours as he showed him around the hospitals. It was great for him and I. . . me, I got to do exactly what I wanted... slept watched movies and read. I was in heaven. A real vacation. When Brad got back we decide we would go and see Times Square. It was pretty cool--- lots and lots of lights. As you can see...



We stop by the Hard Rock Cafe and chowed down then we walked around and decided to warm up in the M&M store. After that we hit the streets to Rockefeller Center. Unfortunately we didn't go Ice skating but we did get to see the tree and the window displays which were cool moving and all.

The Rockefeller Center Tree-- It is huge but against the Rockefeller Center it doesn't look so big huh!

New York at Christmas time is beautiful, but freezing! The decorations were all huge and so pretty, behind us some pretty big ornaments.

Our last day was spend seeing fighting the wind and seeing a few more sights-- and trying New York pizza--Yummy!

We started at the Statue of Liberty-- but were frozen before we even made it to buy tickets. We decided that because you can't go in her anymore we would just look at her from a distance.


We then walked very briskly to were the Twin towers were... and took a tour about it. I never realized how big and awful the attacks were. I don't know how you can understand until you talk to people that were in it-- and we got to hear the stories of a fireman survivor and the story of a mother of a fireman who died. I touched me. There is constant construction to rebuild but there is one stair case left of the old building. It is a monument, a very dramatic one.

There is not much left but this staircase saved many lives.

World Trade Center site


The Empire State building ( I was so dizzy getting this picture-- with the clouds moving and moving ... well hopefully you understand)

Just one last picture for all of you that can't get enough of New York City. All in all I think Brad and I have decided NYC is a great place to visit but we can't raise a family here. All I would need is to lose a kid on the subway or something like that-- we are definitely for more wide open spaces. But we had fun!

3 comments:

Nay said...

Beautiful pictures as always! I know this a stressful, decision-making time for you guys but at least you get a few good trips out of the interviewing process.

Ali's 2 boys said...

Great pictures. I am glad you were able to go with Brad. I have no desire to go to New York...none.
It scares me.

The Martineau Family said...

I love NYC! Looks like an awesome trip...good for you for insisting on going and good luck with the interviews and relocation hunt! Happy Holidays!