Thursday, May 29, 2008

Disneyland

Micah, Andy, Tayla, Trey, Danielle, Acadia, Brad & Mickey

To Celebrate Brad's Graduation we decided we would go for a couple days to Disneyland. The kids were so excited. My sister, Micah and her family came with us. We left Monday afternoon with the temperatures soaring at 110 degrees and got there that evening -- it was much much cooler thank goodness. Acadia was able to ride most of the rides this year. She was so excited. She really enjoyed Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear.

Buzz and Zurg hats. The kids loved the ride and the store afterward!
Trey, Tayla, Acadia

Our Power blasters... Brad's score 197,000, Trey: 2,400. It's all about blasting the power Zurg! Acadia did awesome also she got 4,500 all by herself, and Danielle: 79,000.
Intergalactic Space War bring it on!

Buzz and a few of his greatest fans.

Mom and Acadia in the bumping a few cars around. Acadia was able to drive it herself.

Trey and Dad riding the Dumbo ride.

The classic ride... the carousel

The kids watched "The Sword and the Stone" on the way to Disneyland so when they saw the sword the had to try and lift it out. Apparently they weren't meant to be the king or queen, but they should get an A for effort!

We were able to meet up with some of our Medical School friends. The Salos, Wynns, and Andersons, and Obergs (not pictured). It was fun to eat and ride a few rides with them, before we all move.

All the kids: Trey, Lucas, Acadia, Ashden, and Tyler

What's a trip to Disneyland without the Tea Cups? Well for me it would be perfect (they make me sick)... but the kids liked it.

We have to show you this picture, because we waited in line for 90 minutes to ride the new Nemo ride. The kids did like it so I guess it was worth the wait.

The magic water ball. Look at the strength!

When it was time to go we had this conversation with Acadia
Mom: Honey, it's time to go home.
Acadia: Home to our hotel?
Mom: Nope, home to Nevada
Acadia: (very very upset) But I don't want to go home. Can't we just stay?
Mom: Sorry Honey,but we have to go to our house. Disneyland was fun huh?
Acadia: Mom, can't we just live at Disneyland?
She didn't want it to end... either did we, but unfortunately only superheros and princesses get to live at Disneyland.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

What a great trip you all had! It is hard to come home after having so much fun.

Leisel said...

How fun! I would love to take our girls sometime. . . we;ll have to get some tips from you!

Seegmiller Six said...

looks like tons of fun! What a fun time to have!

Grandma Lois said...

I wish I could have been there to see the kids enjoy Disneyland! It would have been so fun!! But I love to read about it and everything else on your blog. Keep up the good work!! Love, Grandma Lois

Nay said...

You're giving me the Disney bug, I'm getting excitied for our Disney trip but that won't be 'til October. I'll just have to get my fix from your blog pictures.

Lisa said...

I can't belive Acadia rode Splash Mountain - That things scares me! Yes, Disneyland without the teacups would be perfect for me too :)

And, Acadia...I think everyone should get to live at Disneyland.