Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nellis Airforce Show


We have really come to enjoy the Nellis Air Show each year. We pack up our cook out stuff and have a very fun afternoon watching the jets zoom right over our heads. We sit in the desert outside of the base so we don't have to deal with the hours of waiting in line, and we aren't too concerned about losing our kids. We had a great time.

Thunderbirds

Playing in the Rocks

This year we have increased our numbers: The Johnson's & Chads parents, The Chadwicks, and The Salos. The kids had a great time eating hot dogs and lots of junk food while throwing rocks and playing in the dirt. While the adults had a good time watching the show.

Staring In Awe and Amazement

A few of us then headed north to have fun on the sand dunes. That is always a family favorite activity...

Acadia

Trey

Having a swinging time :)


Ready! Set! Jump!

Just had to do a few shadow pictures
Trey and Dad playing around

After we emptied out our shoes and pockets of at least a pound of sand we headed for home. The Chadwicks were brave enough to come with us off-roading. They liked it... we think. We hope?

11 comments:

Lance and Caetie said...

Must be nice to be able to go outside this time of year without freezing to death. You guys always do fun stuff. Anyway, keep us updated on the whole matching process this spring, and we'll stay tuned. Come match somewhere in Missouri...the temple will be 5 minutes from our house!

Lance

Nicole said...

Okay girly- you need to enter that last picture of Trey and Brad into a photo contest! That is BEAUTIFUL!

Bridget said...

You are such an amazing photographer. Well done capturing a fun time!

~Amanda~ said...

Love all of the sand pictures! Especially that one of just Acadia! How cute is she!?!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Thanks for the fun time and the great food! I didn't realize you were off-roading to the sand! Maybe I would have braved trying to drive there myself. :) (Just kidding! I'm a big wimp). Your pictures are amazing!

Jessica said...

Man, we forgot about the air show this year! But I guess it didn't matter because Lydia was sick anyway. Awesome pics!

Spencer and Erin said...

Looking at that air show reminds me of when we went to one in Vegas! Was that the same one? And how we had a hotdog roast!! That was SO fun! Now that I am thinking about, I think we need to make a return visit to Vegas!! Maybe we will sneak into your car when you go back after christmas? Your thoughts?

Sarah Sidwell said...

I want to learn to take pictures like yours. They always turn out so nice. Looks like fun. We miss being part of that group of friends.

blair and maisy said...

Wow- it looks like you guys have found a great spot to watch the show each year. We saw it too, and it was fun.

Meghan said...

Tyler is jealous. He wants to play with Acadia and the airplanes.

Erica said...

I love the pictures! You asked when we'll be heading back to Vegas. But I think since we have more kids :), you guys should come and visit us. San Diego is nice this time of year. Well, actually it's nice every time of year.