Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008



We haven't had Thanksgiving with family for at least 3 years, so we are so very lucky to have great friends that are willing to celebrate with us. This year we had the Chadwicks and the Johnsons. It was so fun having them over. And much easier to make dinner when we don't have to do it all by ourselves. Brad smoked the turkeys again, and they were amazing!

The kids were helping cut the potatoes

Nate & Heather shared a tradition with us this year, and I really liked it. We had pie for breakfast. It was great. We enjoyed the yummy pies fully this year instead of being so stuffed and barely eating any. I think we may keep this tradition. :)
After dinner we had a few rounds of guitar hero and then just sat around and chated until 6:00. It was a nice relaxing Thanksgiving.

The new generation of guitar heros

Pickles! Trey had a slight obsession

Carter & Treyson


Now on to Black Friday.... yep I was one of the crazys at walmart. We were there at 3:30 and out by 5:15, thanks to some tag team action with Dave and Leah. We got everything we wanted and were not smashed, pushed (too badly), or yelled at by people. Athough some were. I then waited in line at JoAnns for 45 mins. Picked up my cricut ( which I think I am returning) and then swung over to Target and was completely done by 7:15. Then I came home kicked Brad out of bed to watch the kids since they were waiting for me at the door, and slept for an hour. All and all a fairly sucessful day. Now only if I can finish all the rest of my shopping... except for Brad is out of town until Wed. then leaves again on Friday. Gotta love this time of year right?

7 comments:

Lisa said...

We might start the pie tradition. What a great idea!

I love the guitar heros, you have to start them young :)

Garmire's said...

Let me take your kids one of the nights and you guys can go Christmas shopping.
I think Brad's going to have to do another smoked turkey...it was so good!

Sarah Sidwell said...

So fun! Nick and I were actually talking about what a yummy turkey brad made last year. yum! Fun to see Nat in the background pregnant too ;) Way to go on your shopping too. I didn't attempt the craziness this year.

~Amanda~ said...

I was one of the crazies, too, but not crazy enough to go to Walmart!!! 3:30 in the morning!?! I thought 5 was insane!
I had to go to two different places last year to get my Cricut; then I got two more cartridges for it this Black Friday. How come you are thinking about returning it? I love mine and am using this year to make all of my Christmas presents!
Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving! Pie for breakfast is genius!

Andersen Family said...

Don't you just love shopping that early? We hit JC Penny at 4:00 and Sears at 5:00. Got some good deals, but I think I just like to do it so I can say that I did. Your guitar heroes are adorable.

Tringali Family said...

Did I tell you we got a smoker? We have smoked 3 turkeys already! Thanks to Brad and his great introduction to us and smoked turkeys. Good luck while Brad is gone, call if you get bored!

Carter Family said...

That sounds really fun. lance and his wife came out this last week and we played rock bank. similar to guitar hero but better. You might want to look into it.
Bryce