Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I've recovered...I think

I feel like I can finally blog: my house is (semi) back in order, Christmas toys now have a place, our luggage is unpacked, and our vacation is over. Back to real life. We had a nice quite Christmas at home. It was wonderful! This was the first time that we have done Christmas by ourselves. We were very grateful that Brad made it home in time. He was at an interview in Spokane, in which the airport had been closed and flights were delayed because of the massive amount of snow. He was 5 hours late but he made it home. We went to a Christmas eve party at the Babcocks and then headed home to tuck the kids in their bed with sugar plums dancing in their heads, and us to wrap presents for the next 3 hours. Santa spoiled our kids, It was fun to see their faces this year. Both Acadia and Trey understood and they were very excited.


A new Fairy from Santa

A race track and rolling luggage
( my kids are kind of funny but everytime we go into a store they
run straight to the luggage and find one they can roll around)



Then the day after we drove to Idaho; we had few rough roads but we made it. Here is what we enjoyed doing:










We had a great time in the snow. I was really surprised my kids outlasted their cousins with wanting to stay out and play in the snow. Trey and Acadia both really got into sledding this year. They went down the hill by themselves and thought it was great. Thanks to all the cousins that let us borrow their snow stuff!

Our trip seemed way too short. We were only there for 3 days (two days of driving not included). Even though our trip home was not great (both Trey and Brad were sick) we were glad to see our family. We made it back in time for a New Years Party at the Johnsons. We had a fun time while we counted down the New Year. Check back tomorrow for a picture of our best Christmas present.

5 comments:

Tringali Family said...

Brad lets you drive the snowmobile? Steve always gets so nervous when I drive the jet ski, he says I go way too fast! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Jes said...

I love the luggage! Selah does the same thing. Looks like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Your snow pictures are so cute! Your kids are crazy that they WANT to play in the snow, it is way to cold.

Lisa said...

Fun in the snow - what great stuff!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Look at all of that snow! I'm glad you guys had fun and traveled safely. I love that Treyson got luggage for Christmas.

I'm excited to see your best Christmas present.