Thursday, August 13, 2009

Strawberries


So this actually happened a month ago ( has it seriously been that long where has the time gone) but I wanted to share it with you. It was an adventure for our family. Coming from Las Vegas where not much grows to being able to pick strawberries was very exciting.

This was the tractor that you could ride on to get to the far side of the strawberry field. The kids loved the bumpy ride.

We picked and ate and picked and ate a few more. It was so yummy. We ended up with about 10 ten pounds of strawberries. We ate strawberry crepes, strawberry rubarb pie, strawberry shortcake, strawberry shakes. It was sure amazing, but since they were picked fresh we had to eat themvery quickly, and ten pounds is a lot of strawberries. So I did my first attempt at:


Strawberry jam!
I am so excited and my kids love it. I am glad to be back to an area that has fresh grown produce. Next on the picking list.... peaches!

5 comments:

Andy and Micah said...

so jealous! I miss fresh out of the farm taste oh well someday we will get to have a garden. It looks like you had fun

Nevada Woolfs said...

Mmmmmm, yum.

Lisa said...

I love those pictures. I love strawberries... and peaches, so I can't wait to see what you do with those. How did your crepes turn out? I need a recipe for crepes :)

Jes said...

Crepes are my favorite way to have strawberries, french toast and waffles come next...I guess I like breakfast! That looks like lots of fun. I'm sure you guys will have all sorts of new adventures with the change in climate.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Yummmmmmmmmmm! I love strawberries, but have never been strawberry picking. Fun!!!