After the Parade we had lunch and quiet time, and then we went to Chad and Natalie's pool. We swam for a few hours. We met some new people in our ward and Acadia made a new best friend. It was a lot of fun. But that is not the end of our nation's celebration. We got a group of friends together and went up on the mountain by our house to watch the fire works. We had an amazing view of the whole valley. We cooked dinner, laughed, and had a great time! Now we had to do a bit of off roading to get to where we wanted to be so we all piled into our jeep and Chad's pickup. It was a bumpy ride but it was worth it!
Here is the group (are you ready) Clint, Natalie, Suzie, Chadd, Natalie, Chad, Brad, Danielle, Matt, Alyssa, Lucas, Trey, and Acadia. (yeah, I know we have alot of Natalie's, and Chad's, but that's when the fun begins)
The three amigos with their glowsticks. (thanks Natalie)
I think this was the first party that we have been to for a long time that the adults out numbered the kids
And we thought the kids had fun... I think the guys enjoyed setting fire to things that blow up much more than the kids!
Trey and his sparklers. It took him a little bit to get use to them but once he did he couldn't get enough.
Chad and Brad helping Acadia and Trey light the sparklers
Sparklers are cool!
I just had to show this picture... I loved how it turned out. This is Alyssa, enjoying her sparkler.
One of our own fireworks.
Acadia usually does not like loud noises. She will hide her face and cover her ears. We were a little concerned that she would be scared of all the noise, but when one of the fireworks started screeching. I hear this laugh. The laugh get louder and louder, and then I realize it's Acadia. She thinks it funny. That was her favorite firecracker! It just goes to prove that you never know what kids will do.
Mom and the kids. This was the last picture we got before both of my kids fell asleep. They were tuckered out! It was a very fun Fourth of July. Thanks everyone! Although I have to say both Brad and I missed having our families around... maybe next year!
I think this was the first party that we have been to for a long time that the adults out numbered the kids
Our View. It was great they had music timed to the fireworks on the Station Casinos and everything.
I just had to show this picture... I loved how it turned out. This is Alyssa, enjoying her sparkler.Acadia usually does not like loud noises. She will hide her face and cover her ears. We were a little concerned that she would be scared of all the noise, but when one of the fireworks started screeching. I hear this laugh. The laugh get louder and louder, and then I realize it's Acadia. She thinks it funny. That was her favorite firecracker! It just goes to prove that you never know what kids will do.

9 comments:
What an FUN action packed day. We were boring!! Hannah did 1 pack of sparkers and we were in bed by 9:00!
Looks like fun! We miss hanging out.
Your 4th was a lot like ours! I felt the same way about our parade too. Scott loved all the candy, but afterwards I thought it was a lot of politics and not so much country spirit. Oh well! :)
I love all the pictures, it looks like your family had a great time on the forth! I love the last picture your kids look like they are about dead. We hope that everything is going good for you and Brad.
Fun pictures of a fun day!
I love your haircut!! It looks so cute in the top picture!! Looks like you had a good time.
Our parade was mostly advertisements too. Every business in town came. Not really but it felt like it. IF didn't even have one piece of farm equipment. Shane was not okay with that. Also No ATVs,or UTVs. Tyler never did get the hang of sparklers. I wasn't about to let him get burned. He was so mad we had to go inside the house for awhile until he stopped screaming. When we came back out they were done with sparklers so he forgot about them.
I didn't spend it with my family either...but that's cause they are boring! They weren't doing anything fun...so I went to utah without them! Sounds like you had a blast!
How fun! I've been reading down the rest of your blog, too. You guys are so adventurous! That hike looked like fun!
Post a Comment