Okay, now that I am back to my normal routine of blogging (non Olympic themed stuff) I have to show you this. I just love it when kids learn new things. Acadia has a late birthday so she isn't going to Kindergarten this year. To compensate that we have been working on spelling and reading. She has picked it up so fast! She can pretty much recognize all the at, an, & un words (like cat, sat, sun, pan etc.). The other day during quiet time Acadia come to me and says "Look mom this is for you." Now she did all of these by herself, sounding them out (she cut them out herself too-- something we still need to work on)

MOM

MEA-- (MIA)
A friend

ELA--(ELLA)
A friend
But she still has some issues with her own name. She doesn't understand right to left. So weather it is left to right or right to left it is all the same to her.

AIADCA--(ACADIA)
I was really impressed, and she was being so quiet. When we went to pick up their room that night I found out why. Look closely on the lids of all the containers...

She tagged her own room! Well at least she is learning right?
9 comments:
Great job Acadia!!! That's really impressive!!
Now just give her a can of spray paint and a big, blank wall and see what wonders she can work...
I'm especially impressed that she could work out some words all by herself. Go, Acadia!
Good Job Acadia!
Wow, I am so impressed!!!! Way to go, Acadia! What a proud moment.
How cute of her! Especially the names she spelled! Let her know that Ella is always talking to her on her play phone. We will be coming through Vegas in Sept, so we will be seeing you!!!!
Thats awesome!! There is nothing like seeing their little brains in action-super job Acadia!!!
Pretty soon you will start getting notes in church that say things like, "why do I have to be quite," and "Sacrament meeting is so boring." Fortunately you can send notes back to them that say things like, "Because if you aren't quiet then Heavenly Father will shoot you with lightning!" It is pretty awesome.
She's going to be a genius! Hope to see you soon.
Just watch for other signs of gang behavior. You'll want to catch it quickly before it gets out of hand. Fisrt it's crayons, then markers, permanent markers,and at last-spray paint.
Post a Comment