Most of of time in Idaho was spent on my Dad's boat. We were out on the lake as much as possible. Brad, Andy, and Spencer ruled the wake board. The kids enjoyed a ride on the tubes, and me well lets just say I became really friendly with the water as I tried my hand at wake boarding. After about 15 hours in the water we were exhausted and ready to just relax. We felt that we had spent our weekend time wisely.
Treyson really wasn't too keen on going on the tube, especially after he got splashed in the face. He didn't ride again with Brad or I. Uncle Caleb talked him in to going again, but later that night he woke up screaming saying "I don't want to ride the tube!"
Acadia on the other hand couldn't get enough. As you can see in the picture she is completely relaxed, just enjoying the ride. She did get splashed, but she was ready to go again.
Acadia's second ride. I think I got the worst of this ride. I rode through a wave and pretty much was drowned. Everyone thought it was hilarious... me I was hoping I didn't swallow a fish!
After we pulled in the tubes we decided it was time to get down to business: the wake board. All of the guys were so ready. It had been a year since Brad and Andy had been on the reservoir so they were ready. Here are the best shots I got: It will show you what is expected :0)
Brad
Andy
SpencerYeah they are all pretty much at home on the board... It is fun to watch them do all of their tricks. Then it was my turn, now please don't laugh too hard okay. I do have a few justifications for my performance: 1) We never had a boat while growing up 2) I was pregnant 2 out of the 5 summers we have been on the lake (so no water skiing for me) 3) I just am not that adventurous.
I would catch the edge of my board and end like this. After the 3rd face plant and I was seeing double I figured I would take a break.
We all enjoyed ourselves! Thanks Mom and Dad getting us out there and enjoying the water!
I would catch the edge of my board and end like this. After the 3rd face plant and I was seeing double I figured I would take a break.We all enjoyed ourselves! Thanks Mom and Dad getting us out there and enjoying the water!






8 comments:
Cool pictures and Danielle, nice wipe out!!! LOOKS SOOOOOO FUN!!!
What thunder thighs??
I have the hardest time gettin gup on a wake board. Way to go. The first picture is my favorite!! When are you coming back utah?
I'm glad you guys got to go have some family fun! I love wakeboarding, but I'm like you--definitely new at it! It's hard! Great job getting up!
What a fun trip! You look awesome Danielle!
It looks like a bunch of pro skier's. Glad you had a little energy left for us.
I don't know where the amp: came from and I can't seem to change it.
That was awesome, Danielle! Way to go. I tried that when I was in YW and it was so fun. You got up so that is the hardest part of all. I just love the pix you take.
Aunt Mary
What awesome pictures of wake boarding! My favorite were of you though :)
Poor Treyson - having a nightmare about "riding the tube"!
Post a Comment