Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Da Vinci Experience

So after a crazy and upsetting week we decided to take a break. Our family had a night out. We went to the Da Vinci Experience. It was something both Brad and I wanted to see. It was very good. I didn't realize that Leonardo Da Vinci was such an inventor. I knew he was an artists of some very impressive paintings: Mona Lisa, Last Supper, and one of my favorites:

La Scapigliata

But did you know that he was an inventor to-- I didn't . So we got to learn about his inventions. It was pretty cool.

The gears-- It's easy to pass this off as not that big of a deal until you realize what has gears.. Cars, watches, drills, it is amazing!

The Portable bridge. We got to build it. It is something that is handy to know if you are ever in survival mode. Trey liked it so much that we had to put it together twice.

Pullies. This is the display that shows how pullies help to ease the load. Trey & Acadia had to show us how strong they were.

The Aquacduct system. The kids loved this they got to build their own duct system and roll a ball down it to see if worked. They spent lots of time figuring it out.

Acadia and Mom making a helicopter.. another invention that began with Da Vinci

I would definitely suggest going to the exhibit-- before it closes on March 2nd.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are still finding interesting things to do in Nevada. Educational too. Keep up the good work and have a good day.

G and G Wynn

The Bergers said...

Hi Danielle, this is kinda random but I went to High School with Brad and I am in charge of our 10 yr. reunion so i am googling people to get back in contact so we can send out invites and I came across your blog. I think email would be easiest so you can either post it on my blog or just email me at kamberberger@msn.com. Also if Brad has kept in touch with anyone and has emails or #'s that would be of great assistance. Thanks so much! You have darling kids!!
Kamber Berger

Kristine said...

Sorry to hear you had a rough week. I know this three day weekend is coming at the perfect timing for me because I need a break. I hope things gets better.

I also added you as one of my links so I don't have to click through Rebecca's to get to you.

Kristine said...

Oh one more thing. Where is the Divinci Experience at?

The Wynn Family said...

It is set up in a big enclosed tent near the Henderson convention center at 200 Water St. in Old downtown Henderson. Entrance is half off for locals as well. You can take a Nevada ID, or a utility bill would also work.

Lisa said...

Great! We will be going this weekend. Thanks for sharing. Here is a link to the activity I found on CityofHenderson.com

http://ecalendar.cityofhenderson.com/Details.asp?EventIndex=4654&EventRecur=1&CURDATE=2%2F1%2F2008