I wasn't too sure about going there. Who really wants to drive 2 hours to see more sagebrush? But it turn out to be a pretty cool place to go. It is the world's largest forest of Joshua Trees. That was pretty neat to see all of them. Some were amazingly huge.
It also has Mitchell Caverns. That was fun. You pay a small fee to have a guided tour through the caverns. I have seen caves before but not in at least 5 years, so it was fun to see all the stalagmites. Trey wasn't such a huge fan. He kept saying "I want to get out. I don't want to be here. I want to get out now!" We finally convinced him that the only way out was to finish the tour.
But the general consensus of everyone was that the best place to visit was the Hole in the Wall It was amazing. You take this hike down into these absolutely beautiful rocks. I couldn't believe it. Well hopefully the pictures will explain how cool it was. It also helped that we were there when the lighting was perfect and the day was a wonderful ( we are remembering why we live in Las Vegas: beautiful winter weather).
Hole in the Wall-- if you look close you can see the rest of the group down below.
These rocks are HUGE!
Everyone really enjoyed the hike. It is so much fun now that Acadia and Treyson don't have to be carried the whole way. In fact Acadia went on this hike twice with out being carried once. I was really impressed.
This is how we ended our evening the kids all playing with glow sticks.
So if you want to do a day trip... I would definitely try Mojave Desert. Next week... maybe the London Bridge (seriously!)


6 comments:
You need to write your own travel guide book, you can call it "The Wynn's Guide to Fun Family Trips".
What amazing views, I love stuff like this.
I've been to the London Bridge at Lake Havisu, that's the same lake I did that crazy cliff jump at. I've also been parasailing there. You can rent boats and wave runners there.
You guys are so adventureous! I love it! The sad thing is that I lived in Nevada for 17 years and never made it to half those places! Your kids are as adorable as ever!
We had so much fun! I am looking forward to our next off the map crazy adventures! Thanks for the good times!
I love to see all the places you go. Fun!
let us know the next outing we would love to go.
What wonderful pictures! Poor Treyson, hope he wasn't too tramautized by the caverns :)
You guys are such travellers!! I'm glad the kids did so well! All the scenery is beautiful.
Post a Comment