My kids have had a cold for the last two weeks. It is constantly dragging on and on and on. Besides not feeling good there are also some other drawbacks: Acadia has started picking her nose. YUCK! It just makes me cringe when I even think about it. She is my little princess, with long her beautiful long hair(her own words) nose picking just doesn't quite fit in with the whole princess thing. Luckily for us Trey hasn't picked up that bad habit.
So here is my story: It was Sunday afternoon and we were just doing our quiet activities. When Brad notices Acadia picking her nose. This is the 10th time that we had told her to stop picking her nose. So Brad tries a different approach.
Dad: Acadia Go and tell your mom why you should not pick your nose
Acadia: Awww Dad
Dad: Go and tell you mom now (Acadia walks up to me)
Acadia: Mom, I was picking my nose
Mom: That's really gross Acadia
Acadia: Yeah (shrugs her shoulders, our teaching is really affective huh)
Dad: Acadia what do you need to tell your mom?
Acadia: But dad I like to pick my nose?
Dad & Mom: What???
Acadia: Yeah I like the way my boogers taste
That is were I lost it... how do you argue with that? I just started laughing. Brad was a little disgusted with me for laughing. But I always wondered why kids do that-- now I know.
Acadia: (Laughing) I just wanted to make you laugh Mom.
So it is a really gross habit that hopefully as soon as the cold is over will diminish but I guess kids will be kids. Let just hope she will grow out of this stage.
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
3 months ago
4 comments:
That's REALLY funny!!! :D
That's so funny! Ben never really went through that, but Abby sure is. When I try and clean her finger off before it can get in her mouth she tries to pull away saying,"No, I eat it!" It's nice to know we're not the only ones going through this. We just have to hope they grow out of it. :)
So I'm new at this and can't figure out why it posted me as anonymous, but that was from me Lindsay Evensen
hi-- just checking
Post a Comment