Thursday, March 27, 2008

Best Friends or Enemies It All Depends

So you have probably been wondering what we have been up to since I haven't posted in 5 days. I think it is a new record for me (smile). But I have been busy taking care of very active kids. Some days have been wonderful and others not so great, but we take them as they come. Some times minute by minute but we handle it. The other day we were so excited because both Acadia and Trey were playing together so well. I couldn't believe it. I thought to myself life is perfect. And then yesterday hit... and there were multiple fits, crying, and all out tantrums. I was about to commit myself to the loony bin just to get some peace. Acadia had some potty training issues (I thought we were done with all of that) Trey had to tease and tease and tease, until Acadia screamed. And to top it all off they cried for at least 30 minutes because they had to come and eat dinner. So much for my perfect utopia!

Although today, we took a 3 mile walk to the park for play date. During the ride I look down and Acadia is laying on Trey's shoulder and Trey had his arm around her. It was so sweet. Then the other day I came out from my bedroom and they were watching cartoons like this:

My kids do like each other.

We have been absolutely enjoying the outdoors. I think my kids have been outside for at least 3/4 of the day. We walk and go to the park in the mornings then take quiet time then it is back outside running around the apartment with all the neighbor kids. They love it!

Brad has been very very busy trying to finish up a paper for the research year he is planning on doing. It has to be completed tonight, so he maybe pulling a late night.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

How cute! I love that picture :)

Seegmiller Six said...

I do love when the kids play nicely together - That picture is great - you can save it for when they have bad days and remind them that they were once friends. If you find that utopia, pass on the directions! :)

:) said...

Hey Danielle, sorry I went private without getting your e-mail address. But, I think that Jessica has it, I will ask her for it so you won't have to put it on here. Very cute kids by the way.

Sarah Sidwell said...

We love those kids!! Anytime you need a break, seriously, call us.

Bridget said...

That is an adorable picture. Those moments do keep us from checking into the Looney Bin for a moment!