Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hair Cuts

Yesterday morning I was combing out Acadia's hair and she was yelling and screaming because it was in tangles. I gave her the typical ultimatum of: if you don't want it to hurt when you comb your hair then we can cut it. Usually this ends up with Acadia saying no mom no I want long hair. But this time she stopped and looked at me and said: Okay Mom. I was floored. I wasn't real sure if I wanted to cut her hair, so I let it sit for a day, thinking that she would change her mind. But she didn't so tonight we cut her hair and Treys. He badly need a hair cut. Here is the before:

Trey Before

The new man!

Acadia before

New Length with a few layers in the front.

All and all both my kids did really well. We ended up cutting 4 inches off of Acadia's hair. She was very excited and I was a little worried, but it turned out well.

6 comments:

Evensen Family said...

They both look so cute. Even though Acadia got a hair cut it is still very long a pretty, just with a fresh look.

:) said...

Your kids are so cute. And the hair cuts look great. Good luck with your hubby gone for two weeks. Hope it opens the doors you are looking for.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Great job! You are very brave to cut their hair alone! Acadia has beautiful hair.

Jamie said...

I can't believe how long her hair was! Wow. Lily's refuses to grow. :) Everyone is growing up fast! Good luck with everything!

Jon and Becky said...

Next time you cut her hair, do you think you could weave it into a wig for my poor, bald girls?

Lisa said...

Love Acadia's haircut! ...and it's still sooo long :)