Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt

Activity Day Girls-- they were amazing!

After last year I swore to myself that I would not do an Easter Party... well the primary decided that the Activity Day Girls would be perfect candidates to be in charge of the Easter Egg Hunt and Games. We colored paper eggs, stuffed plastic eggs ( I would guess there was probably between 150 and 200 eggs) and then today hid the eggs and organized the games. All in all it went really well. The girls were so much help. It was great. All the primary kids had a exciting time ( who wouldn't when candy is involved), and I think the girls had a fun time being in charge. We did have a minor set back when our music player wouldn't work, but Takeshi took over by playing his ukulele for our egg walk. He is amazingly talented! Thank you!

The egg hunter... begins

She was so excited she just couldn't wait

Acadia was there two weeks ago when we filled the eggs and every day after that she asked if today was the day we would hunt the eggs. Finally that day arrived and she had such a great time. Trey enjoyed himself as long as he was by my side. And the best part of it all, Brad was able to come home last night and be there. We are so excited to have him back home.

The kids and their hero-- DAD!

Me and my cuddle bug-- Trey

Checking out their goods

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The egg hunt looks like fun ! We are amazed at the green grass and the shorts. Keep up the fun.

Lisa said...

You guys did a great job! It was a lot of fun and Takeshi loved playing his Ukulele for everyone :)

Spencer and Erin said...

Love the easter pics!!! I hope you guys had a fun easter!!!! We missed you here!!

Anonymous said...

that looks so fun. We didn't get an easter egg hunt this year because of the deep snow. but that's alright. Hank didin't really know what was going on anyway. It is so fun to see pictures of your family , I feel liuke I see you more than I really do because I feel apart of your activities because the pics.. it's fun. and hank can say someting ot the resemblance of trey and cadi now. we're working on it. thanks for the pics.

Anonymous said...

How fun. The kids look so cute with the Easter eggs. I am sure you love all the candy that comes in them as well!!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

That was a fun day! I think it was a great idea to have the Activity Girls be in charge! How fun. Cute pics. I'm glad Brad is back home with you guys!

Sarah Sidwell said...

I am glad to have found your blog. We have one too. You can check it out. Unfortunatly, because we don't have kids, it isn't as exciting, but it will be fun to keep in touch this way when we move. -Sarah

Bridget said...

Thank you, again, for doing such a great job with the Activity Girls at this Easter party. It turned out great!