Difference between girls and boys.
Scene 1: Acadia, Treyson, and Brad are all playing cars. Brad and Treyson are making car noises and driving over hills and mountains. Acadia stops all the playing and asks Brad " Daddy can you make them talk?" Brad is slightly confused " Make what talk Sweetheart?" Acadia with a slight exasperated tone " The Cars Daddy!" Brad then agrees and has a short conversation between her car and his. Then they begin driving over mountains, canyons and such making only car noises. This goes on for a few minutes ( I have to say I was amazed that she waited that long) then Acadia pipes up: "Daddy, please make them talk again." She has to have conversation, while Treyson was very content to just make car noises and get over the "mountain".
Scene 2: Brad and Danielle Sitting after the kids are asleep. Brad is on the computer. Danielle is finishing dishes. Danielle: "So how was work?" Brad " Fine " Brad goes back to the computer. After about 5 minutes ( I am impressed I waited that long :) ) Danielle "Did it go well today?, Did you impress them? Is this the field you want to go into? Did you like it?" Brad: " Today was okay, I don't know, maybe, yeah sure." Then Brad returns to what he is doing on the computer. Hum Sound familiar.
Girls are different than boys Women are different than men. I think it is in the genes.
So I okay, I really should give Brad more credit. He does talk to me most of the time. And I completely enjoy having conversations with him. This was just one instance to prove a point.
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
3 months ago
6 comments:
Sounds like our house! After Lucas goes to bed, we both love doing our "stuff"-reading, surfing the internet, watching t.v. None of which involve talking to each other. :)
I love hearing stories about Acadia. She's such a girl!
Thanks so much for watching Lucas tonight!
Rudy and I are like that, too. Except, I am not patient. After a few days of him not listening to me, I pick a fight with him to try to get him to understand that I need to be listened to sometimes. Aren't I bad??? It helps, though......at least for a few days!!!!!
Yeah, boys are ALL about the sound effects. VROOM! WHEE!
Up here, Jake's best friend is a kid who will growl at you sooner than talk to you. Seriously. He makes noises I've never heard a human make before.
Glad to see you guys are doing well!
E & R Said: We always check and it is good to share your adventures and our cute grandkids thoughts and actions.
I cant imagine that Brad would do that!...you mean he responded when you asked a question. I consider myself luck when Curtis responds to my questions with a "Hu?". The best part is that Carson is now starting it too!
Thanks for your comments. It is so good to know that I am not the only one that at times feels like I am talking to myself!
Post a Comment