Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Beach

Wynn Family

These are the last of our California Adventure pictures. We ended our trip with a day at Laguna beach. It was a little windy and kind of chilly, but that didn't stop Brad, Aaron, Acadia, Tyler, and Andy from all jumping in the water. Trey got in for a little bit but then decided that playing in the sand was preferable. Tayla was more into taking a nap, rather than playing the beach. I got in the water but then was called to do motherly duties, of warming up the kids.

Tyler and Acadia. They had so much fun playing together. This was the last time that they got to be "best buds" for at least 5 years.

Trey enjoying more tame and dry area of the beach... that was until the tide came in and got us all wet.


Brad and Aaron rented body boards, this was the first time Brad tried body boarding. We love the fins! He did pretty good all in all. Although there was a few times when he did get pummeled.

After we were done playing in the water we saw these little guys doing a bit of surfing and probably eating. They were so close it was neat to watch them.

I finally coaxed Trey to come out in the water with me. We made it out to mid-thigh then a big wave came and got him wet. That was the end of the water fun time.

This was the other use of the body board. The kids loved it until they wiped out.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun lately!! It is well deserved! Congrats on graduating!

Rachel said...

Is that a dolphin or a shark? It looks like you guys had so much fun.

The Wynn Family said...

Dolphin thank goodness!

Nay said...

Oh, I'm homesick! I just love the beach. You guys made good use out of that boogie board. I tell my kids that wipe outs are cool, you have to have one good wipe out every time you go to the beach so you can tell your cool wipe story, and say words like, dude & totally!

Garmire's said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I need to take Ally there. She could probably live on the beach. You have the cutest kids!

Anonymous said...

Congats, BRAD!! what a fun trip!

Lisa said...

Thank goodness you cleared up the dolphin/shark issue - I was worried especially with the "probably eating" comment. LOL

I love the family photo of you guys - what a beautiful family!