Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful Lists

Acadia

1. mommy, daddy, and my brother
2. my friends
3. when my mom does good stuff for me
4. flowers especially the ones I can blow (dandelions)
5. dancing
6. stuff I can write on with a pen

Treyson

1. soccer monster
2. Nemo
3. food
4. bikes
5. four wheeler

Mom

1. Kids. Especially when Acadia comes up to me and whispers: "Mom I have a secret to tell you." Then she gets really close to my ear and says " I love you, Mom" Or when Treyson comes and sits on my lap and I get to rock with him or he just needs a love. Those times make being a parent worth it.

2. Brad. I am so grateful for Brad. So much so that I don't even really know where to start. He is my best friend. He supports, leads, and helps me out. I am blessed beyond measure to have him as my husband. He even watched the kids for 2 mornings in a row so I could do Christmas shopping by myself. Thank you love!

3. Church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints has always been a very huge part of my life. But having lived away from family for 3 1/2 year I have realized that the church has become a huge support, in more ways than one. It has given me peace to know that we are being watched over by our Father in Heaven. He wants us to succeed.

4. Health. I have been fighting a cold this last few days and it always makes recognize that being healthy is such a blessing. I have the strength and stamina to enjoy exercising each day. I feel great! Kudos to good health.

5. Christmas time. I think this is my most favorite time of year. It is a time where nobody is hindered to be nice. It is acceptable to be kind to everyone and everyone is so happy. It is almost like there is something in the air-- an excitement a-- buzz. I love it!

6. There is so much more but I better stop... just the last little mentions, FAMILY-- for all the support that you have given and continue to give, FRIENDS-- we have made friends here that I don't want to ever leave. They have helped me through some rough times and enjoyed the good times with me. WEATHER-- so nice to be outside without a heavy parka on, NEIGHBORS---we have had such great neighbors from the occasional (okay sometimes more) borrowing of food items to the great chats. And besides they really seem to enjoy our kids who can ask for more? Oh yeah they are also pretty quiet.

Dad:

1. Faith

2. Family

3. Friendships

4. Free Time

5. Four Wheelers ( hum who does that sound like?)

6. Fortitude

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey it's Nicole Riggs! That was a cute idea-the thankful lists and by the way, cute blog! I started one last week and tried to email it to you but the email was wrong. www.theriggsfam.blogspot.com. Check it out. :) How weird is it that we are in Utah and you are in my home town of Vegas?