Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving


We cooked. We cleaned. And we partied! We had a great Thanksgiving. It is so nice to have friends that you can count on to be there for you when you are away from your family during the holidays. We were able to have three other families over for dinner and entertainment.

It started at 4:30 in the morning for Brad. He got up and started the turkeys smoking. He let me sleep in which was wonderful. The at 8:00 I got up and started baking. We had salads, dressing and another turkey to cook. We actually got everything cooked and our house cleaned up before everyone got here. That in and of it's self is amazing.

Guitar Hero

Everyone came and brought so much food. I don't think we even ate a third of it all. Even after some left over picking. It was crazy. But so so so tasty. We had a very fun game of Christmas Trivia, which I think Nick Sidwell cheated because he had almost twice as many cards than any one else. After we cleaned up the women hit the ads ( of course) and the kids played and the men-- Well lets just say we have found some new guitar hero players to rock out with. It was very fun. Then we sent everyone home with lots of leftovers and a full fridge ourselves. Actually we didn't stay at home for very long we went to the Sidwell's since my kids absolutely adore Nick and we chatted for a while. It was a great way to end the day.

Enjoying the fullness of Thanksgiving

Then the fun continued for me anyway. I got up semi early ( the was no way I was going to be inline at 4 am) and went shopping. I pretty much got what I was looking for which was nice, but the lines were the killer 1 1/2 wait. It was insane, but then aren't we all a little bit crazy? Anyways I came home grabbed some breakfast, even though it was lunch time. And we headed out as a family for the next round of shopping. By the time Brad stood in the line at Kohls he was done. So headed home to eat again then did the last of our shopping, grocery shopping that night. Then we put the poor exhausted kids to bed and invited the Sidwells over for a movie. Spiderman 3. It was a very good way to end a very busy day.


The Preparation for the Thanksgiving feast


Sarah checking the ads ***** Nick playing with the kids

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time - I'm glad I was with family, but wish I was there too.

later dudes

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

What a great Thanksgiving! I'm glad that you guys had such a fun time. :)

Tell Brad to get his behind on the road and he can ride the rhinos with the boys some night this week. :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a terrific Thanksgiving party. We missed you here but are glad you enjoyed friends a good weather. Sadie really missed Acadia to play with.