We also got to go and see Arches. This is something that I have always wanted to do but hadn't until last weekend! It is such an amazing place to see. Treyson and Acadia were excited to see the arches. They didn't even mind hiking ( most of the time). Trey kept saying: "I want to camp and go see the Ark!" Yeah we have a few pronunciation problems, but that is what makes it so cute.
We started with the North and South Arch. These are a few of the smaller arches in the park, but I never realized how big the arches actually are. They are HUGE!
We then headed off to the Delicate Arch. It is a 1 1/2 mile hike into it and the same out. We started trekking with lots of water and snacks to keep our kids moving. They were amazing hikers. They hiked the whole way there and back without having to be carried once. Yeah! We are so excited that our kids are old enough to hike. Granted we did stop for a rest a couple times. But we all made it.

It is a fun trail to hike. You get to climb up huge rocks and through sand. They put little rock stacks all over the trail. My kids enjoyed running to everyone, yelling at the top of their lungs: "Look Mom and Dad there's another one!"
This is a little sandy desert oasis... okay so I know there are no palm trees but compared to all the surrounding rocks, it's green!
We made it. We sat and had a snack, while we were looking at the arch. The kids really liked it. They kept saying it looked like a giant. I was so glad that we got to see the delicate arch. Now I can cross off another place I've want to see. Now every time Treyson sees a Utah license plate he calls to Acadia: "Acadia look is our Ark!" He is starting to associate pictures with real places.
5 comments:
How cool!! What beautiful arches and love the last picture of the dinosaur footprint - WOW!
More great pictures!!! I am very impressed with your kids' hiking skills! That is so cool that you saw a dinosaur footprint!
Love your picture taking and writing skills. It feels like I have just been there when I read your blog! :)
We went to Arches on our honeymoon. We loved it!!! You guys do so much sight seeing and traveling. I'm totally jealous!!
I love going to the arches! If we end up living in Blanding, we will meet you there again for a reunion. Glad you made it to delicate arch.
Post a Comment