So we finally fulfilled one of Brad's dreams, to go to Moab, and ride the trails. We had a few days off and decided it was time to take advantage of it. We packed up our Jeep and headed off. We drove to St. George and stayed with Micah then headed off to Moab in the next day. After the 4 hour drive we were ready to be there. We found the last camping spot in the city (seriously there was a huge Car Show going on) and pitched our tent. The only problem was that it was freezing! We were under the impression that the temperature was the same as Vegas... it is not. We were all dressed in shorts and I only packed one pair of pants for each of us. Yeah those pants were worn a lot!
Lucky for us, Friday was nicer weather. Here are a few pictures of us and our off roading adventure. We decided to do the trail called Fins and Things. It is rated a 4, which we figured would be a good starting point.
After an hour of going up and down and up and down we decided to take a break and eat lunch. We found this cool cave that we needed to explore. The kids ran and ran and ran. Trey brought his "monster truck", he and Acadia had a great time pretending they were Daddy driving over all the rocks.
We then headed back on the trail. It was just as crazy and fun as before. This is the kind of off roading that I like. Kind of like a roller coaster, up and down at a much slower speed. The nice thing about doing this as a family is Brad gets to enjoy the challenge of driving, the kids enjoy being tipped forward at a 45 degree angle, and I get to enjoy the scenery. It works for us!
This is our trail. If you look close you can see the "road"... all the tires have left black marks all over the rocks. It was a crazy fun trail!
10 comments:
This may be a duplicate.
MOAB! This is a far different road than we found when we were there. Glad you are taking advantage of these opportunities to have fun and enjoy life.
LOVE
Cool! We've never been to Moab. I'm glad you guys had such a great time. Beautiful pictures! I love the cactus!
I have been waiting for these pictures!! What a great FAMILY activity. but Nick wants a Jeep now...Thanks a lot Brad. ;) Wish we could have gone. Maybe when we move back to Utah, and we all grow up, (ie-get out of school) we can go together.
You guys do so many FUN things! One things for sure, you don't let school get in the way of having a good time. That's awesome! So I have to ask- you said "getting ready for bed" of the kids in their sleeping bags, did they actually sleep?!
Looks like you guys had a great time! I love Moab...it's been years since I did the camping and off roading. You guys are always out for a fun adventure!
I am so stinking jealous! You guys are awesome. I'm glad to hear that it was a little bit cold, if the weather had been perfect I probably wouldn't be able to stand it. Hope things are going good!
Hey, you know that Pres. Monson taught us to live in and enjoy the present, so we just try to follow his council. Glad you thought it looked like fun, It sure would be awesome to go back someday and get you guys to go with us. There are so many trails and fun things to see and do it would be tons of fun to have had someone there to make sure we didn't get stranded. (Not that it would have been such a terrible thing to not have to go back to work!) -- Anyone have fun things planned for Memorial Day?
Awesome--- enjoy yourself.. we have snow here. Galene/Rachel/Caleb
Looks like so much fun! We went to Moab eight years ago for our first anniversary and loved it, but haven't made it back there since. You guys should come to Disneyland with us after graduation-since you don't seem to get out much!
That looks like a lot of fun. I love the shirt that you are wearing (the one with you and Acadia eating lunch). How cute!
Post a Comment