Saturday, April 12, 2008

Clark County Fair

The Desert's Mascot, Mojave Max. He is a desert tortoise if you can't tell.

I took family pictures of our friends the Andres today, and they invited us to go to the fair with them. It sounded like fun, until I realized that Brad wouldn't be able to come with with us because had to work last night and tonight (Sunday night and Monday night for that matter). So it was going to be me with my two kids. I usually do pretty good by myself unless they whine, and fight me, which occurred for the half and hour before we were going to leave. Acadia had a full on melt down. Now looking back at it her going boneless, then stomping around, screaming at the top of her lungs is funny. But at the time it wasn't. Brad needed a quiet place to sleep so we decided to go for it anyway.

There were cars lined up about a mile away from the Logandale exit. I luckily drove up and found an openning at the front of the line. But that was just the beginning of the wait. This is what we had next to contend with:


Seven miles of bumper to bumper traffic going about 7 miles an hour. It took us 45 minutes to go that far. It was insane! I was at this point really wondering about my decision. But we couldn't go back so forward, pressing forward went the Wynns. We finally arrived and found Matt and Erica then headed off to see the stuff.

We started in the small animals cage. There were lots of chickens, rabbits, goats, and pigs for the kids to see. They especially like the rabbits. How can you not? I was glad that Acadia doesn't know how to read yet, because they were selling rabbit for $ 10. So that was one issue we didn't have to fight.

We then made our way to the larger animals. We got to get real up close and personal with the cows here. So close that I stepped in their... Yeah you get the picture, let just say now I know why cowboys wear boots. But it is much better than the dog crap I have to fend off at the apartments.

Acadia even got to sit on the cow.

Once Trey saw Acadia up there he had to go to, except he kept calling it a horse. Man we got to get this kid to the farm more often!

We then headed over to the booths to see the photos and plants and stuff. There the kids got to make their own pinwheels. They had a great time coloring them and cutting the out. Thanks 4H for that great idea.

Here they are testing out their pinwheels. They were standing in front of the AC unit having the time of their lives.

And finally my favorite part of the fair. . . The best tasting corn dogs. I don't know what it is about the fair, but man corn dogs never taste as good any where else. It is also the one place were it okay to eat your body weight in fried food. It is a magical place. (hee hee) We ended up having a great time.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

It looks like it was worth the wait.

Nicole said...

So how did it compare to Idaho's fairs? Looking at these pics were bringing back memories...We use to go to the Clark County fair all the time! Fun stuff!

Meghan said...

I loved going to the fair as a kid and I've never taken Tyler. I hope they have REAL county fairs in MI. Those corn dogs look fabulous!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

What a fun fair!!! I love that Treyson got up on the "horse." Brave kid! Mmmmmmmm, those corn dogs look GREAT!

Rick Larsen Family said...

I wish I could have a day of fun like that. Enjoy the great life.

Lisa said...

I wanted to go, but looking at the line of cars... well I would NOT have liked that. LOL

Your kids look liked they had so much fun!!