Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference

We had a great opportunity to see general conference this weekend. We got to hear our prophet speak. It was a wonderful uplifting experience.

It is a family tradition, on my side, to have cinnamon rolls for conference. So because my kids get up so early and sleeping in is not an option we decided it would be a perfect time to carry on the tradition. (Just so you know I have modified my diet so now I have a cheat day, and I am eating whole grain. I did no carbs for two weeks, but I just can't take it anymore. Weak I know. Weak, but much happier) Acadia and Trey both helped me make the cinnamon rolls. Acadia made her own little cinnamon roll, and Trey, well ate a bunch of dough. It was a good way to spend the morning before conference started.

Acadia making her own cinnamon roll

We did conference bingo this year to help our two little ones stay interested. Acadia loved it. Trey was interested for about 2 minutes. But they made it through the first session with only minor mishaps. It was funny Acadia would hear one of the words on her card and rush from the other room to put a sticker on.

During the break we went a delivered some of our cinnamon rolls. We got to visit with the Sidwells for a while then headed over to the Pruett's. The Pruett's had the Tringali's over for lunch and so when we came knocking they had quite the house full. We did a traveling lunch. The Sidwells also cooked cinnamon rolls so we had one of those then the Pruett's had Crepes and we had those too. It was yummy. My kids had such a great time they adore both Sarah and Nick, and Ben and Megan (unfortunately for them it means my kids are constantly climbing on them).
The last session of conference was good, we pulled out the bingo cards again thinking they would work a second time. Well this is what we got:


It was more lets play bingo on ourselves. But they made it through and afterwards our friends the Anderson's invited us to the park. So they got to fly their kites and run around for a little while. We finished off our night with having the Anderson's over for Tin foil dinners. The food was good and the company better. It was a very fun day.

5 comments:

Sarah Sidwell said...

we LOVED having you over! The kids brighten our day, and I loved visiting with you and Brad. Can't wait till our day trip.

Meghan said...

Thanks for all the fun. We love you guys!
Your blog is so nice! You need to give me some tips.

Anonymous said...

Way to go.

Lisa said...

I love the sticker pictures - LOL. What a fun conference idea for the kids :)

Nay said...

That's a great tradition!

You're not weak. You don't need a diet anyways, you are thin, fit, and beautiful already!