Saturday, January 12, 2008

Baking Bread

This month we thought we would try and live on our food storage. With a few exceptions.... We buy milk because I can't stand powdered--yuck! So beside that exception we are seeing if what we have piled in the closet will actually be workable. It is really tough. It's not that the food tastes bad (now if you talk to my kids they would probably disagree, since all they want to eat is Mac & Cheese, and peanut butter sandwiches) but is just takes so much time to make everything from scratch.

So after we ran out of our standard store boughten bread; I had to begin to make bread. I haven't made bread for almost 4 years. So I called my grandma and got her bread recipe again. She gave me pointers and guess what... the bread was great. I was so excited. So thank you Grandma, your bread making skills helped me out. I was able to produce my first half and half ( half wheat/ half white) loaf in 4 years! And here is the picture just to prove it... to bad that today it is all gone so I have to make more tonight. That is the best way to practice right?

Now, now don't drool!

No comments: