Saturday, January 19, 2008

When Grandpa & Grandma come

A tree growing out of rock-- I just liked it-- I'm sure there is some symbolism? right?

We get to have a great treat every January; Grandma and Grandpa Wynn come to visit. My kids are so excited! They have to show them all their toys and all the cool tricks they know how to do. And Brad and I are very excited too-- It gives us an excuse to get out and do fun stuff.

The crew at Sam's Town

We started our fun weekend on with a trip to Sam's town ( that is where grandma and grandpa are staying) to see the wild animal show. It is one of the better ones. The kids like all the animals that move and of course the water show. Then we topped of the evening with MC-donalds my kids favorite.
This is me freezing on another big rock--- they were cool and I was frozen!

Last night we headed for some off-roading. One of our favorite past times. The kids get to get out of their car seats ( shhh), Brad and I get to talk ( well that is my favorite part of it), Brad gets to challenge his driving abilities, and we see some pretty country. Brad's Parents brought their pickup this time so they got come along.

This is Brad on the top of the tallest rock-- how it got up there who knows?

We went up to knob hill. It is a cool mountain with lots and lots of huge boulders that are just kind of sitting there, balancing on each other. It was cool. We took a little hike and then got to climb on the rocks. We got to see some crazy cacti in the real dessert not in a cactus garden. It was one more thing of Nevada that I didn't know existed.

My kids loving the freedom of on seat belts

Grandpa & Grandma taking it off the trail

2 comments:

wynne said...

That tree on the rock IS cool...but you reminded me why I don't miss Nevada at all. Hiking in January is nice, but then again, so is grass...

Good luck with the waiting process. Crazy to know you could end up just about anywhere in just a little while, isn't it? Hang in there!

Rick Larsen Family said...

Looks like lots of fun.