So this week has flown by, not that we have done anything really exciting, but isn't that how most weeks go? We had preschool, visiting teaching, play dates, babysitting, and exercise classes. My exercise class has started up again. I have missed it, and I can tell that it has been a while. I am so so sore. I could barely get out of bed without groaning. But it felt good. I have also been running with Kim in the mornings again... she is keeping me going which is sad because she is the pregnant one!
Little Artists... by the end of the day when I am trying to get dinner on the table and finish up the laundry and well all the end of day stuff, my kids are usually hanging all over me and I am going crazy! So we decided it was time to pull out the paint. It was amazing we made it though the evening!
Yesterday was such a nice day that we had to spend the time outside. We got out all of our bikes, scooters, chalk, and four wheelers. We just rode around our house but man it was great to be outside. Then our neighbors and friend came out to play and the kids had a great time. The all got on their super hero capes and played super heroes for about an hour. It so funny to see them running around saying "I am invisible girl" or " I am super pirate." or my favorite was "I am super snake!" for some reason I just got a funny image in my mind of a super snake. They enjoyed their time. It is so wonderful to have such great neighbors-- it makes very easy to live here.
I was impressed maybe we don't have such a girly girly after all. Sedona came over for the afternoon and they were playing dress up. Sedona was Mulan the princess and she wanted Acadia to be a princess also. But Acadia looked at her and said " um I don't think so-- super heros are so much cooler than princesses" I about fell over Acadia not wanting to be a princess? Who knew?
This was another idea of mine to keep the kids busy while I made dinner. I told Trey to tap Brad on the shoulder and say "Excuse me I want to take you down." It came out kind of kind of like this " usse me, I waannna ket u down." So Brad was a bit confused but as soon as trey bowled him over he figured it out!
I have been busy making quilt for a lady in our ward. She is taking them to Nicaragua for cancer patients there. It was perfect for me because I have so much extra material that I need to use but we do not need anymore blankets--- so it was the perfect solution. Now if I could just sew the perfect quilt top that would be ideal. Let just hope that they will turn out well. Two done, two more to go... I'll post the pictures later.
3 comments:
YOU are the superhero, Danielle! You always amaze me with the ability to entertain your kids in fun ways! And do everything else on top of that!
Looks like lots of fun! Scott got a painting easel for Christmas and it has been a lifesaver for when I make dinner! Your kids are adorable! Hope all is well.
How do you find the time?
I too am in need of our exercise classes. January is Birthday Month for my family, we have been eating cake all month long.(not exaggerating)
Post a Comment