Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Still here

So have you been wondering where I have been? Well I would love to say we have been traveling to far off places but no-- just cleaning house. Yeah not so exciting. Brad is putting in long hours studying, so he can be prepared for his boards. Actually we have had some pretty cool things going on.
First things first, I need to brag about myself-- I swam a full 1/4 mile today without stopping. This is the first time for me and I didn't drowned! I thought I might after a few miss timed breaths. I am slow but 13 minutes later I finished. The only problem is that I was swimming with Kim and she did a half mile-- yeah I still need to work on it. I am still running everyday-- although lately it seems that we are going slower and slower-- we aren't actually but it seems like it.
We have a friend that is getting baptized on Saturday! We are so excited for Justin; Brad is going to talk at his baptism. Another spiritual note; Linda let the missionaries come and visit her. I was able to be part of the discussion. It was pretty amazing. I felt the spirit and I hope that she did too. She added great comments and different perspectives on topics that I had just taken for granted. I am very grateful that she is my friend and a willing to learn about the church which is such a huge part of my life.

Brad and I called on our home teacher, Ben to watch our kids so we could go to the temple tonight. This was wonderful. The temple is such a peaceful place; it was a great blessing for me to be able to set all of the worldly things off for a few hours.

So I had to show off my picture taking ability ( not that it is that great, but I did take both of these pictures) I had to include my favorite temple the Idaho Falls-- hum you wouldn't thing we got married there or something huh!

I have one of those parenting moments tonight. I got to rock my little boy to sleep tonight. It has been such a long time since I have done that. He was tired and needed his mommy to cuddle with. I miss the days when he was a baby and I got to hold him and rock him... It is nice to remember that their is a sweet little boy inside the rambunctious one I usually see.

No comments: