Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Treyson's Funny Comment


I love it when kids start to talk-- I think that has got to be my favorite part of the day-- listening to Trey talk and do. So I have to preface this story a to make it funnier. Trey has really taken a liking to Linda our neighbor. We go out in the evening and visit with her and the other neighbors. We have had an attack of flies lately around our apartment and they just seem to hover around everyone (that is if you can call an attack 10 flies, but for here that is actually pretty unusual) Anyway-- Trey was by Linda and she said shoo fly shoo-- and Trey mimicked her thinking this was the best game ever. Then Linda told Trey to shoo and he would run away and come back-- this went on for a bit. I thought -- hey this is cute and it is keeping him out of trouble. Little did I know that the other night when we sat down for dinner Trey would bring it back to haunt me.

We had just gotten all the food on the table and of course my kids didn't really like it so there was some whining and I told them enough was enough it is time to eat. Then Trey piped up-- Shoo mom Shoo-- (this is with the hand flick of course!) What?!? I said Shoo Mom Shoo-- he wanted me away from the table so he didn't have to eat his veggies!

1 comment:

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Sounds like my house! Only Lucas says, "Go 'way, Mommy!" :)