Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Grand Canyon



Well we have been gone for a bit. We had a very fun time, Brad took his test on Monday in St. George and then we went and had fun. Micah, Andy, Tayla, and our family headed off to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
The weather said it was to be raining, so we were afraid that it would be like last time we went, we couldn't even see the canyon for all the clouds. But luck was on our side. It didn't rain at all during the night and only a little bit as we left. It was so wonderful. We loved it the temp was only 80 degrees and the night was beautiful... ahhh the fresh air. It was so nice to be able to get away from all the stress and noise and everything for little while. Of course being in a beautiful place also helps a bit. We got to see some pretty cool wild life too.
On our way in we saw lots of deer, and then a herd of buffalo ran across the street right in front of us. ( I didn't know that buffalo were down that far) It was pretty awesome. Then as we were heading off to bed there was deer that just decided that she was hungry and was eating the tree right next to our tents. It was nuts. The next day we saw turkeys, condors, squirrels, and lizards. It was pretty cool.

Trey the camper


Rub the burros nose
and you get good luck


Ta Da!

Our kids loved playing in the dirt and hiking (granted most of the time they were carried) but we has such a great time. It was really fun to have the Ewells along with us.



Grand Canyon


Lake Powell



The Ewells

We then took the long way home ( not on purpose) but we got to see some very pretty country-- and Lake Powell. Everyone of us was about ready to give up our cars for a boat right then and there. We could have lived out on that lake for a very long time. Alas-- It was not meant to be, so we settled with playing on the beach for a bit and then making the trek back home. We had a very enjoyable time.

4 comments:

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip! You got some great pictures. I love seeing wildlife too!

Anonymous said...

Loved to hear about your trip. This is a neat way to keep us posted on your life. Its good to see you and the kids.

Mom and Dad Wynn

The Martineau Family said...

Hello. It's Emily from Ricks. I love that Jennifer has been able to connect us through the blogs. And I think it's great that I actually know the person you are married to! Your kids are sooo cute and it looks like you guys are having a blast being fabulous parents. Keep it and the blogging up!

wynne said...

That sounds absolutely fabulous! (Someone just explain to me how I can get Jeff to go camping--he hates it. Thanks a lot, Boy Scouts!)

I've never been to the Grand Canyon or seen Lake Powell, but at least I can say I know someone who has, right? Looks like so much fun--!