Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tea Party


Today was a fun day. The kids and I along with Kim and Jared headed to the library for story time. The kids did really well. Trey is finally old enough to handle sitting still for longer than 30 seconds. Our story times are really good though they read books, then sing songs, and do finger plays. It keeps the kids entertained.

Then this afternoon. I got a very nice treat. Brad took the kids and I got to go to a tea party. It was so much fun. Some of the neighborhood ladies met together and we drank lemonade in tea cups and talked about all sorts of things. We each had to write a poem. Now this takes a lot of courage to put my poem on here but I will -- Just remember I am not a poet!

The leaves of time gently fall
Older and wiser they soon grow
To find love and joy in todays song
Is the hearts utmost desire


But days fly by
And nights fall fast
Taller still they grow
Memories are the things that last

So make each day a dream to them
But teach them how to work
And with it all don't forget
Your love fills every hurt

So there it is my great masterpiece! Well at least as good of a master piece you can do one hour before. I really enjoyed it; it is so fun to talk to people who are all from different walks of life. They have all have such different perspectives, but at the same time we have great conversations. It was wonderful. Katie as a surprise, to all of us gave us each a tea cup.

No comments: