Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday-- just Thursday




Today was Playdate. It was at a water park and my kids went hog wild. It was like they have never seen water before or something-- I guess swimming everyday is not like having water sprayed at you. So they were really wet and smiling. It is so nice to talk with the other mom's there I really look forward to it each week.


Trey decided today not to take a nap-- I am crossing my fingers that it is not the beginning of no naps for him-- It is still nice to have that quiet time. He doesn't quite grasp the idea of sitting quietly or playing quietly yet-- so to have him sleep it is much easier on me. We had Ben our home teacher over for dinner tonight and I asked the kids to please clean up their toys in the living room and much to my surprise they dug right in and put everything away. Acadia was quite the little drill sergeant but Trey thought it was great and my living room is clean! Kudos for my kids!

Andy my brother in law is here tonight he is flying out for an interview for Nurse Anesthetist school. Hopefully this is the one for them. We didn't dare tell my kids that Uncle Andy is coming because he arrived late and is leaving before they get up--I really couldn't handle the whining and crying that they wouldn't be able to see him. They are as the Babcock's say are on a need to know basis
Last little bit then I am signing off to do my new soon to be sister in laws bridal shower announcement and their wedding video--( yeah I think I maybe over my head on this one. They need to be done in 1 week) Anyway back to my story-- Brad was home for a little bit tonight and the kids attacked him. They were so excited to see their dad. So Brad played with them-- I love it when the dad get down on the kids is level. It makes me feel like we are a real family not a medical school and other things run your life family. So here is a cute picture of them playing. Have a great night

1 comment:

Linda said...

There is nothing more beautiful and heartwarming than a Dad playing with his children. I especially get teary eyed when I see a Father and Daughter. You both are great parents, and you have a wonderful family.